Thursday, October 07, 2004
2 posts in one day?! That's a first!

I forgot to mention that managed to line my bag (which I knit last year) this weekend. I have been using it all week and I love it. It's the basic bag from Sally Melville's book The Knit Stitch. I love it so much I think I am going to make another one. I used a ribbon yarn which I bought cheaply from Lincraft last year and I knit it on 6.5mm needles. I have not taken a picture of it yet.

My other bag which I knitted from some wool I dyed myself also needs to be lined and it's missing a buttn. i have not managed to find a large enough button for the bag. I want a HUGE button.. strong solid big button!

Did I mention mys hoping spree at Esprit? I went shopping 'by accident'. I swear! I did! I went in there to 'look' ONLY. I had no intention of buing anything. All that changed when the sales assistant handed me a scratchie thing and I got 50% off everything in sore. I ended up with 2 t-shirts for mu, one for my aunt nd 4 for me. I also bought a mesh bag to keep all my knitting accessories together. How much did I spend? All that for about $81. That's such a bargain I want to go back, but I am trying to resist.

I saw some Jo Sharp yarn being sold on Ebay. they price is great but I can't justify another yarn purchase. I still have 500g each of Camel, Forest and Teracotta. I have come to realise that 500g is not enough for whole jumper for me.. what's a girl to do? No.. no .. no I will not buy more. I'll just have to combine the yarns to make a jumper for me. I think all three of those colours will coordinate qute well.

Did I mention the big bag of wool I received in the mail? chris saw it in the back of my car and asked what it was. I said it is a rug.. a rug-to-be. he wasnt buying that explaation so I had to fess up. It was a big bag (2.3kg) of 12ply wool I bought cheaply on ebay. Can't wait to use it. My plan was to make strips of colour with each ball and sew the strips together to make a blanket. That will take me forever to make, though. Maybe it will be aother fantasy project..
Comments:
Can we have a picture of the two bags, please? :)

I would love to see them :)

Brit (fellow FiberRAOKer)
www.onmyisland.blog-city.com
 
A gf of mine has a rug her mother made for her son out of yarn. She did it up in i-cord and slip stitched it all together rag rug style. The rug is gorgeous and I have always wanted to make one. I'm sure your rug will be great too!

Andrea - a fellow RAOK
http://members.shaw.ca/andrea-n-b
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.