Thursday, September 16, 2004
4 squares..

Ok, before we get to the squares, let me show you the wrap around top I made fo one of Jo Sharp's patterns. I substituted the recommended yarn with Bendigo's mohair/wool mix. I bought 600g (they come in 200g balls) and had most of one ball leftover. So for about $40, I guess I can't complain too much. At least it's warm!

Yes, the sparkley bits you see ARE sparkley bits. the yarn as a strand of shiny blue thread plied together with the mohair/wool. Its so soft and so pretty (the yarn I mean, not the finished wrap-around). The neckline is too high for my liking. I thought I would like it because it has a high neckline. i now find that it is not flattering for me at all. I could have pulled the waist in a lot more with thhe ties at the back, but it looks really awkward when I do that. Anyway, I wore it out on it's maiden trip out of this house last week. It was warm enugh, but definitely not pretty enough for what I had initially knitted it to be - a pretty top to wear over a calf length skirt on cold nights.

Over the past few days I have been busy knitting more squares. It's so addictive. I can finish a square in a night and It's nice to be able to knit something so quick. Here they are

Left: Ostrich plume stitch on rev stockinette st, Right: random holes on a stockinette st background

Left: Slip stitch lines on a garter st background, Right: Four couloured stripes in stockinette and rev stockinette st

My favourite is the blue ostrich plume stitch one, which I only just complete about an hour ago.

Right now I am working on a shell(tank??) top formyself out of the leftover yarn from the wraparound top. It's beautiful and soft, and I hope it will fit. Having to frog it will be hell because of the mohair content.

Thursday is nearly over, and I have not finished writing out the pattern for the capelet yet. my apologies to those of you who were asking for it. I WILL get it done I promise. It's mostly written out, but not in a way that is easly understood, so I will have to re-write itbefore publishing it here. Hold your horses, folks!

Comments:
You did a nice job on the sweater. I think it would still look good with a skirt.
 
Found you through FiberRAOK. That ostrich plume stitch is to die for. Where did you find the pattern for the stitch?

Brit (www.onmyisland.blog-city.com)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.