Monday, September 20, 2004
Capelet pattern is here!

I finally managed to finish writing the pattern for my capelet on friday night. I was suffering a bout of insomnia and stayed up working. Between cnversations with the Houston team and checking configuration rules and localisation, I worked on the pattern. It took longer than I thought it would, but here it is.. all done!

I am currently working on a baby wrap around jumper. It's gorgeous, thus far, but I think I am running out of yarn! I will not post pictures till I am done. I want it to be a surprise. Once that is done, I wil wait for requests o write out the pattern. If I get them, I'll write the pattern out. If not, then I guess I'll just put away the jumper till a suitable girl baby comes along who will wear it.

Chris and I spent the day in the city yesterday. It was nice to have the weekend to ourselves, well most of it anyway. We had yumcha at Marigold in Chinatown and then walked around Pitt Street, just window shopping. We did get some of that "to-die-for icecream" from the shop on Pitt Street. Oh my, oh my! Everytime I eat that icecream, I am reminded how wonderful good icecream can taste. Yesterday we have crunchy macadamia, run and raisin and mocha. The rum and raisin was excellent, and brought back sweet memories of Swensen's rum and raisin icecream from the time I was a child. Unfortunately Swensen's rum and raisin is nowhere as good as it used to be.

Imax 3D is amazing! We watched the Titanic documentary, and both Chris and I want to watch the Nascar one and the underwater one(which we both call 'seafood dinner'). I'll have to remember to try to get more of those cheap Imax tickets from the socialc lub at work.

We ordered the Bs' DVD last week. I hope to gets to me soon. I know it doesn't get released till the 22nd, but I do hope I get it before the wedding so they won't be disappointed. We went out and bought the other half of their present today. I won't say what it is in case one of them find this blog. I am glad Chris spotted it. It's a great buy, I think, and fit's well into the Bs' gift regstry though we did not buy it from their gift registry at Peter's.

I can't decide whether I want to wear a saree to the Hindu wedding. It just seems like such overkill. I have 5 days to think about it.
Have I mentioned how glad I am that Bri's mother offered to make our dresses? I looked at the catalog of bridesmaids' dresses today while I was at Chris' parents' house. I was reminded of how awful I looked and felt in those dresses when we tried them on. I guess poofy dress simply is NOT 'me'. I think Bri's mum has done a fab job and the dresses look far better than some of the stuff that' out in the shops.

The end of a weekend, and the start of a new week.. a busy week...
Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.