Saturday, August 20, 2011
Feathers, leaves.. close enough?

I was looking for a shawl pattern with leaves but none seemed to fit with what I wanted and I wanted to knit something tried and tested for once, rather than design my own. I searched Ravelry, I googled and found nothing. Nothing at all.

Then I saw this pattern by Alina Appasov.


image taken form the pattern page on Ravelry

Isn't it gorgeous?

What I did not account for was that the cast on involves 411 stitches, and it has nupps! I have never knitted nupps! After a brief moment of anxiety, I firmly took a hold of myself and decided it can't be that hard and proceeded to cast on. Now I am about 9 rows into the 27 patterned rows, and it's not looking too bad at all. I am loving it!


Labels: ,


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.