Saturday, June 25, 2011
Another hooded pullover

Alex loves hoods on his pullovers and jackets. He's still at an age where he loves wearing his mummy-made clothes. How could I resist? He's outgrowing his handknits rapidly. Ihad to whip up another pullover to keep him warm, but I experimented a little. It didn't all work out, unfortunately.



As you can see the neckline is a little wide. It's so wide, in fact, that I don't have to undo the buttons to pull it over his head. I wanted to make the neckline a crew neck but that didn't really work out.

I do like the cable on the sleeves, though. It is a simple 9 stitch 3x3x3 braided cable, and it's very effective in adding some interest to the jumper.

I used a skinnier version of the same cable (2x2x2) on the pocket, but the photos are not clear enough for you to see the cables.



Alex loves his new jumper. He loves it more than I do.

You know me, though. I don't give up. I am now knitting him another hoodie, with a different hood. Same concept as the hoods on my Alex jacket and Lee pullover, seamless from the top down, but a different shape with a lot less room around the face. It will also have a different neckline. That's all I can reveal right now. I'm working out the details and I'll have a picture soon. Interested? I hope to be calling for test knitters in a few weeks' time.

Labels: , ,

Comments:
The jumper is cute, but not as cute as Alex. I love the photo of him smiling!
 
So cute! The jumper and the boy :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.