Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Spinning Roving Swap Questionaire

1) How long have you been spinning?
About 2 yrs, but I have not spun in the last 6 months or so.

2) Are you a beginner, novice, or experienced spinner?
Probably novice...

3) Do you spin on a drop spindle or wheel, or both?
Wheel! I love my Suzie.

4) What types and weights of drop spindles (or what type of spinning wheel(s) ) do you currently own?
I have an Ashford Traditional, which I'd like to sell and a Majacraft Suzie from which I never want to be parted.

5) What type of fibers have you spun with before?
Wool, nylon, mohair, alpaca, cotton, tencel, angora, silk

6) What fibers do you prefer to spin with?
I like animal fibres more than plant fibres. I also like blends.

7) What fibers do you dislike?
Not a big fan of cotton and tencel

8) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?
I like both

9) Would you prefer all one type of roving or smaller amounts of different types to sample?
Surprise me!

10) What are you favorite colors?
I like most colours

11) What colors do you dislike?
No pastels, fluro/day-glo colours please. Also don't like yellow and orange unless mixed in with something else, and not very prominent

12) What would you like to do with your handspun yarn, or what do you plan to do with it? (pattern clarification here)
Not sure. I guess it depends on what the finished yarn says to me..

13) What spinning projects are you currently working on?
Nothing. Waiting for soemthing to inspire me!

14) Do you have a wishlist?
Hahah.. man, do I have a wish list.. Of course I do! I'd like to try cashmere, qivuit (did I spell that correctly?), buffalo, camel and a whole lot of other exotic fibres..

15) What are your other favorite hobbies?
Knitting and reading

16) Do you have any allergies (pet, smoke, food, fiber,etc...)?
I dislike smoke in anything aside from my food. I also dislike liquorice, but I guess that doesn't really matter if we're talking about spinning stuff, unless the roving is liquorice-scented, in which case - eeeeeeuw!

17) What is your preferred shipping method (USPS, UPS, FedEx)?
Whatever..


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.