Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Nesting birds

Bird's nest scarf

Yes, that's right, it's a scarf, nto a shawl. I didn't feel likeknitting a whole shawl, and I didn't have the yarn for it anyway. Okay, I probably do, but that involves going through my yarn cupboard. I'm just too lazy. I had 3 skeins of Andean Silk handy, and I decided to use that instead. I think the colour is Holly berry, but I don't have the label handy so I can't check. the colour is awful in the picture. It's not such a brick red.. it's more like a plum red. It's a nice red, not an 'out there in your face' red, you know what I mean?

Image hosting by Photobucket


I modified the Birds Nest shawl pattern from Folk Shawls. I really liked the shawl, and I am considering knitting it in some black wool I have lying around. However, I think that's a project for another day.


Baby hat for the Lenten Sockrifice

I decided not to knit socks - they take too long and I don't know anyone who'd appreciate them - apart from Chris, perhaps. Hmm, maybe I should knit him a pair so that he does nto get cold feet before the wedding. then again, if he needs them to keep fromgetting cold feet.. well, that's not really a good sign, eh?

I made a hat instead:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Not for Chris, silly, for the Lenten Sockrifice. That was what we are talking about before I got distracted, wasn't it?

Summer top from Sandra

I geuss it's taken me a while to post a picture.. sorry. I just never got around to it. Here's a picture of the front (or back, i guess, since they are identical)

Image hosting by Photobucket

I'll post another clearer picture when I have cleared some space in my living room. I am ashamed to say there's hardly any visible horizontal surface here at the moment.

We're moving!

That's right. the flat I told you about, well, we go in to sign the lease on the weekend. You know what else? It's 5 minutes' walk away from the yarn store where we meet once a fortnight. I don't think my wallet is going to cope!

I am finding it hard to get really excited about this move. I guess the flat is really nice inside as it has been renovated and it's really modern. However I can't get over the laundry situation. [sigh]

I have gotten so attached to where I am living now. It's comfortable.It's convenient. I don't have to walkoutside the building to get to the laundry!

I am sure I will get over it once I have moved in. Chris loves the place. I think he's quite excited about it. Well, at least one of us is.
Comments:
Celia, you do absolutely beautiful work!

And I know what you are going through about the move. I have a laundry hang-up, too.

Good luck!
 
really lovely things you've made!
 
Such lovely colors!
:)
Manasi
 
I love the scarf pattern, and the color is just beautiful!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.