Thursday, February 16, 2006
Runny babbit

I spun bunny!

I asked jenny tonight what my 'adventure' for tonight would be - I ask her that quite often as I normally show up at class with no project in mind. Tonight's adventure was core spinning - which involved spinning some angora fluff around a core of polyester thread. It was fun, btu Idon't think I'll do it again. The angora made my nose and throat itch. I can still feel it. Ick.

The results, however, well, that's another story. So nice and soft - almost worth the itch! I think it will be nice for the cuffs of some baby mittens and booties. I'll have to think about that. It's gorgeous and soft and fluffy and.. oh, just beautiful.

Silk Caps

I have just finished dyeing some silk caps. They will be in the Etsy shop soon - when they are dry and photographed. I love silk caps as they can be spun or knitted on their own. They make a nice contrast to wool or other fibres as they have a nice sheen. I also like that the handpainted ones have an unpredictable colour pattern, depending on where you punch the hole and how you draft it. Keeps me entertained for ages! Hang in there... they'll be in the shop soon.
Comments:
Celia
Is bunny angora scratchy like mohair?
:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.