Sunday, February 12, 2006
More a spin spin spinning..


This is the yarn that I have been spinning from the top given by DOnni during the SP6 exchange. It's so luscious I am just taking my time and enjoying. Ok, well, not really. This bobbin was pretty much spun up in a night, but I could not bear to start another bobbin as that would mean that I'm spinning up the last of the top, and I don't want to do that. It's just as lovely to pet as it is to spin...I should be careful though, as too much petting may make it matted and icky!

This is what I have been spinning instead. It was about 100g (or was it 150g??) of merino top that I had dyed some time ago. I have decided to spin it up as a skein of single ply yarn. I guess it isn't really clear that it is a thick/thin slubby yarn.

Is this better?
I want to sell it on Etsy, but I am thinking maybe I should knit it up into a scarf or hat first and see how exactly it knits up.

Apart from all this spinning I haven't been doing very much. Ene doesn't look very different - still not enough knit up to get a good picture. It still looks like a curly mess of brown yarn.

Oh, I forgot to mention the cotton top I am making. I bought a whole lot of cotton yarn in Singapore and I'm making a short sleeved top from one of the Sandra mags. It's one from last year - the summer one, I think.

Food recommendations
We went to a restaurant at Paramatta recently - with Chris family, actually, and were pleasantly surprised. Paramatta, well, I never really thought of it as being a place to go for restaurants. Sure there is 'safe natural and delicious'*, which we no longer frequent, and a Korean bbq buffet, which isn't too bad, but I never thought of going to Paramatta for a three course meal. Anyway, Chris'parents found this place and we decided to try it out a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty good. No, really, it was much better than we expected.

It is called The Lighthouse, and we're going back again tonight. They have a good fixed priced menu, which is (I think) $35 for 2 courses or $40 for 3 courses. Considering that it is about 2/3 the price of a meal at many city restaurants, we weren't expecting much. However, it was good. It wasn't Tetsuya's or Forty One, if you know what I mean, but it was a decent meal that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Service was attentive and the ambience was light and cheery. If you decide to go, just make sure you ask for a table away from the entertainer's stage, ok? Consider yourself warned ;)

More wedding news
Well, there really isn't any - nothing worth discussing anyway. there was a small drama on friday involving the restaurant, and while nothing has changed, I think we have decided to work with the spanner that's been chucked our way. It's a story I'll tell one day, maybe, and perhaps even look back and laugh about, but not right now..


*This is a Chinese restaurant in Paramatta where we used to go for yumcha (or dimsum). One day as we were walking out we saw a poster, rather prominently displayed, that said "MSG - safe, natural and delicious". I don't think we've been back since.


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.