Monday, December 26, 2005
Hope you had a blessed Christmas

Happy Christmas, everyone!

It's Boxing Day, and we're about to leave for our long holiday. 3 weeks in Malaysia and Singapore, running away from the heat of Sydney!

I'll have limited access to the iternet for the next three weeks so I guess there will be very few posts. I'll justhave to have one super long post when I get back!

We had a great Christmas. It was quieter than in previous years. Chris' family did not have their annual huge gathering - I wonder why.. His brother and sister-in-law moved to the UK earlier this year, so we have two less people to cater for this year. It was strange though, as I normally just make a potato bake and help Chris' mumwith the Christmas meal. This year I made the potato bake, a salad and trifle, and it still felt like less work. I wonder why. Did it have anything to do with catering for fewer people? One would not think that two mouths (or stomachs) would make that great a difference.

I asked for money this Christmas. It goes towards paying for knitting and spinning supplies I think. I think we did well - both Chris and I. We finished our shopping really early this year. The last purchase was a Lotto pack for his grandmother.

Chris bought me a pair of diamond earrings which I picked out on my last trip home a few weeeks ago. I love them! They have hardly left my ears since I unwrapped them on Christmas eve*. Thank you Chris! I bought him his graphics card (nerd boy!) and a box of miscellaneous goodies including a couple of books, a bottle of wine, a pair of cuff-links and some toiletries (for our trip).

His brother and sister-in-law has once again broke the $20 rule and have been more than generous with their gifts. Chris got a case of wine (wow!) - all good ones too! On top of that we received Christmas money, and rumour has it that there are more gift in the post! Wow!

*We open presents on Christmas eve - Filipino tradition, I think. My famiy does not have any Christmas traditions since I am probably the nly one who celebrates this festival, and attending Christmas morning service is probably the extent of my celebrations when I am on my own.

Ene's Scarf

Is plodding along slowly. I think my scarf pal will definitely get her Ene. I am up to row 55 or something now.
The rows are getting shorter and more repetitive. No piccies, sorry...

I did make some mistakes and didn't feel like frogging. I am hoping that they won't be too noticeable. i checked my stitch count and so far, so good.. I hope yo don't mind, scarf pal. Just think of it as a variation to the pattern, ok?

Blizzard

Is coming on the plane with me again. I need a crochet project to keep me sane! I hope to finish this scarf during this trip. I guess if I finish it on the way there, I'll just have to get more yarn for the trip back! No kniting needles on the plane, yoou see...


Wishing all of you a blessed and joyful Christmas!
Isa 7:14Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Comments:
glad to hear you had a good Christmas! have fun on your singapore/malaysia trip! =D
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.