Friday, August 12, 2005
Some pictures at last

Scarf Exchange

Julie has cast on for hers.

I have completed mine. It was knitted in handspun and hand-dyed Optim. The ruffle was an idea I got from Sally. The main body of the scarf is knitted in a Farrow Rib pattern, not that you can tell from the picture.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

'Nother Scarf
I started another scarf as well, using some of my own handspun/hand-dyed yarn. It's striping beautifully, and it wasn't even intentional!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's a nice soft yarn that feels baby soft against my skin. It's also a joy to knit as there is lots of springiness in the yarn. They are not colours I will ever wear - don't ask why I chose to dye in those colours - so I guess they'll be finding a home elsewhere.

Veste Everest

Back is done...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Front has been started but there it doesn't look much different from the back so I'll take another photo when I have made a little more progress.

Spinning

I haven't done much of it. I tried spinning some washed alpaca fleece without carding it. It's coming out ok I think, ut I think it will work better if I had not first washed it. I am going to try another lot that has not been washed. Stay tuned for a comparison report.
Comments:
Those striping colors look beautiful!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.