Sunday, August 14, 2005
Fantastic LYS

RUBI AND LANA

We had our first knitting get together at Rubi and Lana yesterday. It was great. As soon as we stepped in, we knew we were in trouble. It is a gorgeous store. There was so much to lookk at, to touch and feel, oh, and buy! Sally and I were whispering between ourselves that maybe meeting at a yarn store is not so wise for our bank accounts.

Paula, the lady there - owner, I think - is lovely. She came and sat with us when she was not busy with customers. I think all of us ended up walking out with something or other. I walked out with a couple of balls of yarn which I had not seen before. If they were not intended for my secret pals, I would photograph them to show you. The colours are really pretty, and so reasonable too! They also have their own yarns in various weights in many pretty colours.

We will definitely be going back there for as long as Paula is happy to have us there.

NEEDLE PURCHASE

I now own a set of Denise Interchangeables! I have not had time to try them out yet, but both Sally and Kate tried them on swatches, when we were at Rubi and Lana's yesterday. They both seemed to think they were nice to use. I'll have to find a project to use them on. I also bought a pair of Addi bamboo circular needles in 3.5mm. I need them for the neckline and armhole of the Veste Everest when I eventually get to it.

TRASH AND TREASURE

It was a bright and sunny day today when the entire Hernandez clan, myself included, went to the Blacktown Drive In Trash and Treasure market. It was... uhm.. interesting. It was mainly a whole lot of people trying to sell the contets of their garage, I think. There was a lot of old comics, books, motors(??), rusty nails (???) and even a box of old keys (we did not see the matching locks beng sold). I thik going there was a once in a lifetime experience for me.

The signboard out the front did say that one could find new and used items and craft items. Yeah, right! The only craft items I found were a box of icky acrylic eyelash type yarn. For $1 a ball, I guess it wasn't bad, but heck, I don't need any more icky acrylic yarn.

SWEET SWEET VOICES

We watched the Soweto Gospel Choir perform at the Hills Centre last night. It was amazing. The voices were beautiful and we really enjoyed the show. We were seated in a god location and managed to get a good view of the stage, but we were a little disappointed by the venue as the seats were cramped. It also sounded like the sound guys weren't doing a great job with the mixing.

The Harlem Gspel Choir comes out again in a few months. I think we've learnt now and we'll go watch them at the Opera House instead!


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.