Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Wow! I did it!

I am SO proud of myself.

I dyed it, I spun it, I plied it and here it is:
Tada!

Ok, so I cheated a little, and it was spun from pencil roving but even so.. hey, for a beginner, it isn't bad, if I do say so myself
[insert big grin here]
I don't think it's clear in the pictures but there are subtle colour changes, deliberate ones, I might add, in the lavender part of the yarn. I think it is clearer in the roving. here's a picture of it in it's original form.

This is what it looked like before I plied it. The top bobbin holds the yarn spun from white pencil roving. The lavender stuff in the middle is the pencil roving that I dyed, and the lower bobbin holds the yarn spun from the lavender pencil roving.

Oh, and remember how I said that dyed some hand spun to use as ribbons on the Christmas presents. Here's a picture of a small skein that I dyed.



Ok, now back to that lavender/white yarn I am SO proud of.. what should I make with it? It's about 4 or 5ply thickness (that's fingering-sportweight for all you non-Aussies out there). Suggestions most welcome. :) Thanking you in anticipation of getting all those wonderful ideas!
Comments:
The yarn looks gorgeous. I love the lavendar.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.