Thursday, December 23, 2004
I am all egg-tarted out

I worked at home today, and spent my time working and making Portuguese egg tarts. I had to make 3 batches before I could get the recipe right. I lost my original recipe, and man, was that a good recipe! Anyway, I pulled one off allrecipes.com. The custard bit came out too doughy. And so I had to tweak it.

This is the final recipe. Enjoy

Ingredients
4 egg yolk
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
3/4 tablespoon corn flour (or rice flour or just wheat flour)
3/4 cup sugar
1 large piece of lemon rind
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 sheet puff pastry

Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius

first cut the piece of puff pastry in half and place one half on top of the other. Then roll it like a swiss roll (or jelly roll). Slice the roll into 12 'rounds'. Flatten with a rolling pin.

Grease a 12 hole muffin pan. Line each hole with a piece of pastry

In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, eggs, flour and sugar. Add the milk and cream to the mixture. Add lemon rind and vamilla essence

Stir the mixture over a pot of simmering water and cook slowly till it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. When it is thick enough, take it off the heat.

Pour mixture into the pastry cases.

Bake till the tops are lightly browned (brown spots may appear, and that is ok).

Enjoy!


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.