Tuesday, September 06, 2011
Book Week 2011

We celebrated Book Week for the first time this year. Alex's previous preschool/daycare did not have Book Week so I never had to do this before. This year is the first time that I had to make a costume for him to dress up as a book character.



Someone should tell the kids that they should let mum off easy the first time. Alex didn't get the memo. Let's just say he had decided and there was no way he was going to change his mind. After I bought the fabric I was hoping that there would be no way he would change his mind as I had bought what felt like miles of red fleecy. I decided to use felt and fleecy because I did not want to have to finish the seams properly. There was simply not enough time!!

2 full hours of cutting and sewing later, we have...



Can you guess who he is?

Labels: ,

Comments:
One very successful costume for one of my sons was quite easy. I sewed a longish tube of green knit fabric and put a couple of pipe cleaners for feelers. He wriggled into it, lay down on stage floor and inched his way across as the Very Hungry Caterpillar. Easy too.

A bit older, his brother was once the wardrobe from the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.