Sunday, April 15, 2007
Spinning only, no knitting

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No knitting done in this house - just some spinning. That's merino wool that you see there. It is for my ISE4 pal. The colours are not as bright as I had hoped but I hope she'll like them. I have spun 50g, and have another 50g to go. Right now I am thinking of either using the yarn as a single or plying it with some mohair - Kidsilk Haze or something similar.

So.. why has there been no knitting?

My parents are here. They arrived the day after my brother-in-law and his wife left. Chris and I have been busy spending time with them when we are not at work. It's great to have them around. Alex loves his Kungkung and Ahmah* and has spent a lot of time talking to them.

A result of spending time with Chris family while his brother was here and then with my parents this past week is a total lack of routine in Alex's life. I have spent the last 2-3 weeks waking up more in the middle of the night than before. This week, we are trying something new. We want to try to make Alex sleep longer at night while we are asleep**. We allow him to nap from about 6 or 7 in the evening and then wake him for a feed sometime between 10 and 11 at night. We feed him and play with him and I am hoping that the activity will reset his internal clock such that he will have a long sleep starting from then. One night he had a 5 hour sleep. That's the best we've had so far. I am hoping that if we persevere, he will eventually sleep 6-8 hours from that night feed onwards and Chris and I will get some decent rest. Wish us luck!

We were shocked this morning when we woke up to see Alex's face and body covered in spots. Okay, maybe not "covered" but he had little red spots and I can't work out whether they are bites or something else. They don't seem to bother him and he is not running a temperature. I stripped his bed down and washed all his bed covers, just in case it is a bug of some sort biting him. Over the day, the spots seem to have faded somewhat but they are still there. Poor little tyke. I hope we won't wake up tomorrow to more spots!

* Chinese for Grandpa and Grandma
** He normally has a long sleep from about 6pm for a good 5-7 hours, which is not much good to us as we are awake for most of that time.

Labels: , , ,

Comments:
Such pretty colors!
 
Not Puo-Puo? I call my Dad's mom Ah-mah. I hope Alex gets back into a routine soon. Hopefully the effects of all the spoiling don't last too long.
 
Beautiful spinning. Hope the baby's spots are gone and he's ok. :)
 
My brother's wife is Chinese from Malaysia, and I always thought it was Paw-Paw (how it sounded to me). That was funny to us (the Caucasian ones) because my dad has always been Pop-Pop to the grandkids, and this was soooo close.

Sadly, Mommia (what the adults called my brother's mother-in-law) died this past fall. She's greatly missed.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.