Wednesday, October 12, 2005
I can relax.. a little

For the first time in the last week or two, I can relax, just a little, but I don't feel like a wound up spring anymore. Okay, maybe that isn't entirely true, but you know, when you're like a wound so tightly, you can't just relax all at once. It takes time..

Work hasn't really slowed down much, and I don't think it is going to - not yet anyway.

Uni
I have handed in two assignments this week. I was in a hurry, it's not my best work, but I hope I pass. I really don't want to have to go through these two subjects again. I really don't.

After this I have two major group projects to complete and then I am done for the year. Can you say 'yay'? I feel like I still feel like I am chasing my own tail with one of the projects. I never realised it would be so hard to find information about the company (they aren't being the world's most co-operative) and about Hong Kong.

Knitting
Not much has been happening. I am knitting the second of the pair of Skinny Dip. So far so good.
Also knitting the peacock plumes bolero from Elann. I was part-way through when Elann put up the patter for the kimono sleeves. I worked out I liked it better. So I am extending the sleeves so that my bolero will have long wide sleeves. I hope to get some knitting done this weekend and have a bolero to wear next week...

No pictures of knitting or spinning for now.. maybe later in the week.

SP6
I received an email from Fiddlesticks saying that my secret pal had paid for a pattern for me and all I had to do was choose one. Hmm.. like it's easy - it's not. Have you seen the Fiddlesticks patterns?? I want them ALL!

Okay, after much mming and aahing, I have narrowed it down to a few patterns - Lacy Lattice Stole, Lily of the Valley Stole, Garden Stole, Tina Shawl, Lotus Blossum Shawl and Inky Dinky Spider Shawl. So, people, cast your votes. What do you think? I love themm all and can't work out which one to choose. I have miles and miles of laceweight I can use, I think, so that isn't a problem.

Thank you SP6! You're so kind!

Other stuff
We, as in Chris and I, are going to watch this on Saturday. We're really looking forward to this. I can't remember the last time we went and watched something. Oh wait, I do remember - it was the Soweto Gospel Choir performance.
Comments:
I like the 'Lacy Lattice Stole' and the 'Tina Shawl' patterns best.

Have fun at the Opera House on Saturday! :)

Pamela
 
I like the Lacy Lattice Stole best. Good luck making your decison.

And WOOHOO on the yarn arriving. I'm getting giddy!
 
Well I really like Lotus Blossom and Lilly of the Valley but when I saw Inky Dinky I went *oooooooooooooooo*, yep, that's my favorite hands down.
 
I agree with Julie - Inky Dinky is beautiful - though my all time favorite Fiddlesticks pattern is the Flirty ruffles shawl - I have the pattern and will be looking for they yarn at Rhinebeck this weekend.
 
tina tina tina!
I LOOOOVVVEEE tina!
Knit tina. :D
 
hmm, a toss up between lotus and spider. my mind boggles at even attempting any of these so i will live vicariously through your crazy shawl mania ;)
 
See - I thought you would have that problem - how exciting to be able to choose - have fun. Will be checking out the results. SP
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.