1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am definitely a snob, especially since I started learning to spin. I am going through a luxury fibre phase. When I say 'luxury', I don't mean quivuit(spelling??). I like the softer fibres that are nice to knit/spin and nice to wear. I don't mind acrylics. I think they have their place (for coasters, kids clothes, etc) but right now the only acrylics I am using are for making toys and charity hats.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do both. I spin more than I crochet. Spinning is my latest passion. I probably would spend more time spinning than knitting if I could carry my wheel around.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies that I know of. I think I am a little lactose intolerant but it hasn't been bad enough to stop me indulging in ice creams and chocolates! I am also intolerant off seafood shells (not that this intolerance will affect you in any way)
4. How long have you been knitting?
I have been knitting continually for the past 2 1/2 years. I knew how to knit long before that but was never interested in it long enough to make more than one or two things.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have an Amazon list, but I don't remember what my user name is and so I don't keep it up-to-date. I keep another list here, which I update from time to time.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like lavender, if it is not too strong. I also like slightly tangy fruit scents like lemon, lime, pineapple and apple. I am not fond of berry scents. I definitely do NOT like the smell of coconut.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh yeah. I looooove dar chocolate. I don't like milk chocolate as much, though I wouldn't say no to it, but I don't like white chocolate. It just doesn't taste like chocolate to me.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Oh, a hard one. I knit, spin and crochet (as you already know).. what else? Uhm... I used to draw and paint a little, but I haven't picked up a brush (except to paint yarn or tops) for ages now.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like classical music, jazz and gospel. I have a little mp3 player and my computer plays mp3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like most colours. I don't wear oranges and yellows, but I will use oranges and yellows when knitting things that I am not wearing, but I don't normally wear yellow tones. I think it makes me look jaundiced.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live alone. I woud have a dog if I could but unfortunatey it's not allowed in the terms of my rental contract. Also, I think the poor little thing will tear up my flat while I am at work.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To be happy and to make people around me happier.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Right now I am enjoying knitting with my handspun. It gives me a sense of satisfaction to be abe to knit something out of yarn I spun myself. Apart from that, I do like soft soft fibres. I have some of Elann's Baby Silk which I am waiting to knit up. I also have some angora blend yarn which is waitign to be knitted into a cardigan or a shawl.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't like squeaky acrylic. I am also not fond of eyelash yarns. I will probably use boucle as a trim or for accessories like scarves, but not for entire sweaters.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
No real obsessions. I knit whatever catches my fancy.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I always have at least one small and one large project going at the same time. My favourite small items right now are scarves and socks.
17. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks with Lana Grossa cotton blend. I have a few UFOs hanging around like a bad smell. I will get t them soon enough.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Don't love them, dont hate them, as long as someone else is wearing them. They have never been my thing.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on what I am knitting. I love my bamboos, but I only have one set of bamboo 3mm dpns and one pair of 3.5mm bamboo circulars. The rest are all strights. I hope to one day replace all my metal dpns with bamboo ones. One step at a time, eh?
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Definitely! I currently have more sock yarn than I can poke a stick at.
22. How did you learn to knit?
I was taught by my Grandad's sister when I was about 5. I have never forgotten. Hoever, it did take me another 20 oor so years to get obsessed!
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Didn't your mum ever teach you it's rude to ask such things?! ;)
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love most animals - roasted, steamed, fried.. mmm.. oh, you didn't mean it that way? I think I love monkeys most. I love the show Monkey World on the Animal Planet channel. It's a bit of a misnomer since most of them are apes, but they are funny to watch all the same.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
That I have been to, or that I dream of?
I loved my holiday to Adelaide. It was a short holiday a few years ago when Chris decided to surprise me. It was a quiet holiday with two nights at the Adelaide Hills in a secluded cottage.
I dream to one day spend a few months (or a year) living in houses in Italy and France for weeks at each location, experiencing the food and culture of the place.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really.. does yarn, needles andpatterns count?
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
At the moment I am only subscribing to IK
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? 29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
Dying? I wouldn't put it that way.. want really badly, perhaps. the list is on my destahing blog
Can't think of any off the top of my head.
Phew! That was a heck of a lot of questions. I am worn out now!