Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Scarf Exchange

Ok, so I missed out on Sockapaltwoza. The third one won't start for another few months, so I thought maybe there's a scarfapalooza or something similar. Apparently not. I don't want to wait so I am going to start my own. Would you like to play? Join in. You have until July 10th (Aussie time) to sign up. You do that by sending me an email. Just click on the email link on the top right. See it? Go on.. you know you want to. I will match you up with a pal by July 15th. All scarves should be sent out by the end of September. 2 1/2 months to knit a scarf, that should be enough, right?

How do you know what your pal would like? Well, each of you, in your sign up email, will need to answer these questions.

Name
Email Address
Postal Address
Blog URL (if you have one)
Colour preferences
Yarn preferences (type of fibre, summer/winter weight, etc)
Fibre allergies
Colours you will definitely not wear
Yarns you will definitely not wear(mohair, eyelash, acrylic, angora, etc)
Scarf length preference (let's be reasonable here, no Dr Who scarf requests, ok?)
Other things your pal should know about you

Remember, it's a secret ok, so don't go telling your pal who you are. It's going to be a surprise for your pal! You can write about it in your blog as long as you don't reveal who the recipient is

Please don't sign up if you don't think you can complete a scarf in the time allocated. If you start with all good intentions and something happens out of the blue, and you need a little extra time to finish your scarf, PLEASE tell yourrecipient so he/she isn't left wondering.

This is an international exchange, so please don't sign up if you don't want to pay for international postage. I will be matching people up at random and chances are that you won't get a pal from your neighbourhood.

Ok, now, how do I get to play? I guess I will know who I am getting my scarf from, unless I can get a helper, in which case we can all have surprises. So, any volunteers?

Edit: Oops, I forgot to mention that all scarves must be handknitted by you (yes, I know, that is stating the obvious, but just in case, you know)
Comments:
i think its a great idea i have just signed up for the scarfapalooza
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.