Monday, June 27, 2005
It felted?!

For once, I am actually using the word 'felted' correctly. My alpaca fleece which I washed on the weekend FELTED! No, in case you're wondering, it is NOT deliberate. I have allowed it to dry, and ripped it apart with my hands in an attempt to rescue it. Most f it came apart in my hands so I think by carding it I can rescu maybe three quarters of it. It's still fairly dirty, but I won't wash it again till after I have spun it! Oh dear...

Tam completed her Irish Diamonds Shawl from the Folk Shawls book. Ok, I MUST get that book now. I keep thinking how lovely it would be in the grey yarn that my KRSP gave me. Just look at it - go to http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37538 and click on her photos link in her signature. It's gorgeous isn't it?

I dug up some old hats that I had made and never worn. Adelina had also asked for a red hat. Guess what I found! I think I'll be able to keep her semi-bald head pretty warm this winter!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That was one of my earliest dyeing efforts. I made it a self striping sort of pattern and it's great! I love it, but I can't wear hats this winter. My hair is too short and they look strange on.

I also found this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
which I am keeping to wear whe my hair groes to a presentable length.
My Ebay auctions are going ok. They end on Sunday (Aussie time). I am already thinking of rolling over whatever money I get from the auctions into more yarn to dye so I can play with colours. I love colours right now. I wonder what it is about being homesick and the need to look at pretty colours. Greys and browns are just 'ick' right now.

I have been homesick for a while now. Poor Chris bears the brunt of it of course, as I get moody and horrible to be with when I am homesick. It's strange as I have spent more time at home this year than I did last year. I was looking forward to a trip home in August but that won't be happening now. The project that was the reason for me to go to Singapore (making a side trip to Malaysia really cheap and affordable) is now delayed. So I am not likely to be going home in August. On the bright side, Chris and I are planning a trip home this Christmas. Something I can really look forward to, I think.


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.