Friday, May 27, 2005
Blogger is driving me nuts!

Ok, I can save posts, but I can't publish.. so all of a sudden, when I am finally able to publish, this blog will see the addtion of a few posts, all at once. not my fault - Blogger's fault!

I hav spent the last few nights trying to work out why this is not working. What am I doing wrong?! When I try to republish my blod (index only, mind you) I get stuck. Right now I am stuck at about 40%. It will just sit at 40% for hours and hours. I have tried contacting Blogger - TWICE! I have not heard back, apart from the automated message that they send out asking me to read their help pages. Helloooo... I HAVE read the help pages. If I could find what I needed, I would not be emailing them. Well, duh!

So anyway.. tehse posts are just going to sit here for a while...

I pulled out my wheel today and it took a little while to get back into the swing of it. My wool was uneven at first. It is much better now. I am tryign to spin up the rest of that wool that I had dyed in bblues and greens. I want to knit it up. I was thinking of maybe knitting a feather and fan scarf with it or some other lacey pattern. I don't want it to be too complex. I want it to show off the colour variations. I have about 30% left to spin up and then I have to ply it (the Navajo way) and then I can start knitting.

I haven't started spinning any of that yummy stuff I bought at Canberra yet. I am saving that for after my exams. I have an exam on 14th June and then I am done for this term. Yay!

In the mean time, I am going to be trying to complete my cabled sweater. It's coming along nicely. I am about half way up the back. I hope to complete the back this weekend, and maybe get some studying done. I suppose I should update the progress pictures, but I can't. i would if I could but Blogger won't let me publish!

The Knitpicks yarn is so beautiful and soft. I have wound the shimmer into a centre-pull ball. I think I will bring it with me to SSK tomorrow. I don't know what knitting I will be bringing yet. I think I have too much Shimmer for Branching Out. I may knit two scarves out of one skein. Or maybe make it wider. Or maybe knit something else with it. The two gorgeous skeins of Alpaca Cloud are staying as skeins for a while - for petting! I also have two skeins of Koigu KPPPM (was that enough 'P's?)to knit up, which was given to me by my Secret Pal. What shall I make? I was thinking of a stole. Maybe a lacey one. You know, more air, less yarn, makes the skeins go further ;)

So much yarn, so little time!

Oh and on top of that, I will be doig more test knitting for Jen of Figheadh. She has ordered the yarn from Ozeyarn and I think it will arrive soon. I can't wait! I told Jen that I will start after my exam, but I am so excited I will probably not be able to wait! She has ordered the Heirloom 8ply cotton for me in medium purple (my choice). I liked both the medium purple and the puurple. It was a hard choice, but in the end I worked out that I don't have a jumper in the medium purple yet and I am very likely to wear it, and not to mention that I am going through a pink phase now. The medium purple is close enough to a pink without being pink. I'd still wear it when this pink phase wears off.

Koorong, my local Christian bookstore was having a 1 day 20% off everything sale on Wednesday, and I went a little nuts. I am now sitting rather impatiently witing for my order of CDs to come in. I bought some old Jars of Clay CDs, their new one, a Rebecca St James one, and a couple of others. I can't wait for them to get here. Hmm.. are we detecting a theme here? Yes, folks, I am impatient, and I hate waiting!

Ok, back to spinning...


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.