Saturday, April 30, 2005
Insomnia..

Yes, you read the time correctly. It is 10 past 5 in the morning and I am wide awake.

Look what I made this week:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The pattern is here

He's cute, isn't he, in a misshapen kind of way? Well, I think so.

I am making a couple more for Brenda at church. She's the Baptist chaplain at one of the local hospitals and a few weeks ago she asked the congregation to donate some toys that she could use for the kids who came in with sick parents or with the kids who came in because they were ill themseles. This is a quick and eas pattern, as you can see. It's knitted out of a square and only takes a few hours to make.I am thinking of tacking on a ribbon around its neck for a bit of colour and changing the tail from a pompom to a knitted bob-tail thing. You knw how children like to put things in their mouths. Maybe a pompom isn't the smartest of ideas.

I am about 50% done with my second one which is knitted in a brown/grey variegated acrylic yarn. I figured that if I made the tail a knitted one, then the whole bunny can be washable, and acrylic washes well. I'll post a picture when I am done.
Comments:
How cute! It's hard to believe that it's made out of a square! I think I am going to have to try this one.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.