Tuesday, April 05, 2005
Little blue hat has found a home!

Remember the little blue baby hat? It's found a home - with Tam in Melbourne. Here's a picture of her baby wearing it
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Isn't he gorgeous? Wello, the hat is pretty cute too, even if i do say so myself.

I was home yesterday as I wasn't feeling very well. I had one of those headaches that's only n one side of my head. Everything felt oh so bright and I was about to rip my head off when the paracetamol kicked in. I managed to get a fair amount of knitting done once the headache started to subside. I think, if I am lucky, I may even be able to finish the brown/black ribbed jumper in a couple of weeks.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I noticed a few days ago that what I thought was a black yarn twisted through the brown is actually blue! But there is no way I am going to frog the jumper now! I don't think it is all that noticeable, do you? I think I can live with it.. and the colours don't look that bad.

Chris was also home esterday as he was also feeling under the weather. By about mid afternoon we were both feeling better. My headache was gone, thak you Panadol! He drove me to Virginia Farm Woolworks, and look what I bought!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That's wool on the left and cotton on the right. Jenny was kindenough to show me how to spin the cotton. It looks difficult. I think it will be keeping me busy for a while.

The wool I spin from wool top is starting to look better
This is what the thick thin stuff looks like:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's a picture of the more even stuff that I spun this evening:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's a picture of the two plied together (on my niddy noddy):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And finally, here's what it looks like in a skein:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Not bad, huh...
Comments:
Very cute baby! And the hat too!
I hope you are feeling better now ...
 
Wow. That's beautiful wool. Looks awesome. Are you going to dye it do you think?
And yes, bubby is v. cute. Made even cuter with the hat!
 
Adorable baby wearing the perfect hat!

It looks black to me. [g]

Your wool is gorgeous.
 
For some reason, I always love to see roving spun into yarns. I find it fascinating. It's lovely.
Sounds like you have a migraine. Join the club..:( At least panadol works on u. It doesnt for me.
Cute babe..:)
 
I'm the mum of the baby and I wanted to thank you all for your comments, and to thank you, Celia, for sending the hat to Andrew, it is gorgeous.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.