Thursday, December 02, 2004
Shapely Tank Progress!

Ok, I have made some progress on the shapely tank. I am nearly done with the side increases for the front (yes, I am knitting it in two pieces - next time, I am knitting it in the round!). I am so excited! I can't wait to finish it before Christmas. I hope to have the front done by the weekend, and I am hoping the back (since it does not have bust shaping, and hence has fewer stitches to knit - no, last time I checked I do not have boobs on my back) will be quicker to knit. Maybe I will hve it done by the 17th.

Oh yes, did I not mention that I am going to Canberra on the 17th? No, no occasion, just going to visit Anne-maree and her family.

I saw a gorgeous dress at David Lawrence at Chatswood on Tuesday. I am still thinking about whether I want to go try it on. It's strap less with a ribbon tie at the waist, and has a lovely drapey a-line skirt. It will be so perfect for Joel's wedding (that's my bf's brother, for those of you who don't know), but at $300, I am still hesitating. Well, I guess trying it on would be a good first step.

I also saw a nice skirt at Esprit. It's black, a-line and drapey as well. It has a 'knot' on the front - like twisted fabric. I could buy that and wear it with a corset top or something. Chris loves the corset tops - perhaps more so than I do.

Did I mention that I am giving the flower basket shawl to Nanna? I think it will suit her. I'll just have to make another one for me - AFTER I compete my shapely tank. Grandad is getting a scarf. I will have to shop in my stash for the wool. I am thinking of a simple diagonaly knit scarf - in garter stitch for extra warmth - with stripes made by knitting two yarns together. Well, it's that or a cabled scarf. Sharlyn's getting bed socks. I will have to get around to knitting them. I will probably use dk (8 ply) wool so they are thick and warm. That's all the knitting I am doing this christmas. I have so many projets on my 'to do list' that I don't think it would be wise for me to take on any more than that. Anyway, Chritmas is smack bang in the middle of summer here, so knitted gifts aren't exactly suitable for Aussies. Considering the 40 degree days we have been experiencing, I think Christmas will be shocking this year.. I'm melting..


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.