Sunday, November 13, 2005
Gifts, used in a hurry!

Thank you AKSP!

The box came through the post in one piece, thought the postoffice had to patch it up a little. Turbulence in the air, perhaps? It is an amazing package! Thank you so much for everything!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Isn't my AKSP amazing? I can't wait to find out who you are.

Oh and it wasn't just the one ball of Bamboo that I received. I actually received 3 100g balls. Wow! That's more than enough for a top for me, I think. Isn't she wonderful?! Alright, I'll stop gushing now...

In a hurry

I could not keep my hands off the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book. I have already started the silk camisole in some Ramie yarn I had bought. That yarn was just waiting for the right project. Now I have found it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There you go. I am 8 inches into it, and am rather pleased with myself. I had to use 4mm needles instead of the recommended 4.5mm. So far so good.

At the end of this year, Chris and I will be visiting KL (Malaysia). I hope to have this ready to wear by then. If It works well, I will probably make another. It's so pretty and so simple.

Small things

I have also been making little stitch markers, which I think are rather pretty

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have others in pink, purple, etc. etc. etc.

I also made some for Taryn - little orange bears. It's a pity I forgot to take a photo of them before gave them away. Oh well. I will just have to make more - like as if I need an excuse to make them!

New subscription

My SP6 is also wonderful. She has given me a long lasting gift - a subscription to a new magazine in the market - Yarn. I was mm-ing and aah-ing for a while, unsure whether I should subscribe. How can I justify yet another subscription? Now I don't have to! It's been bought for me! Thank you SP6, and I am really looking forward to finding out who you are too.

Scarf Exchange

The scarf exchange registration is now closed. Well, it has been closed for a little while now. Some of the matches have been emailed out. If you have not received an email with your pal, don't worry. It's coming soon.

Just to answer a couple of questions that have been asked in emails and on the scarf exchange blog

- Is it a secret, or am I giving to the person who is giving to me?
The person you are giving to is NOT the same person who is giving to you.
If you wish to communicate with the person you are giving to, you can use an anonymous email address.

- Where can I get a free email account?
You can try hotmail or gmail, or any of the other free webmail providers. If you want a free gmail email account, contact us.

- I haven't received my pal. Have I been missed?
If your name is on the list on the scarf exchange blog, then you are on the list. not everyone has received their pal yet. Hang in there, we'll get to everyone soon.
Comments:
I'm drooling over ur bamboo yarns! And the shade I was eyeing too! :P Lucky lucky you! I wanna see you in that silk cami! Quick finish it..:) Hope to see u in MY!
 
that cami looks really pretty!!! i agree with laura - can't wait to see you finish it up! =)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.