Sunday, November 09, 2008
Back to old habits

2 weeks since my last post. Admittedly, it's not as bad as what it was previously, with entire months passing between posts, but still!

Normally Halloween is not a big deal here in Sydney. If we're lucky, we may get a couple of trick-or-treaters come our way. Otherwise, it's a night much like any other. This year, however, Alex's daycare decided to have a Halloween party. We had to dress the kids up for it. So, what could this very slack mother come up with?

I present to you, Alex the wizard:

Photobucket

He actually had a wand too, but we didn't have a good photo of him with it. The hat was from the $2 shop. The robe was home-made out of fabric scraps and the wand was made from cut up strips of cardboard wrapped in aluminum foil.

Not much has been done on the sewing front. I did make a pin cushion for a swap but it was a pretty basic one. It was my first pincushion and I stuffed it as tightly as I could, and even then, I am not sure it was stiff enough.

Photobucket

I packed it with a few little goodies and sent it on its way... and then I discovered that I had left part of the intended package out of the package! Can you say "careless"? So another package is on its way.. oops.

The package I received was nothing short of stunning. The pin cushion was more like a plushie than a pin cushion. I am not sure I want to poke pins into this little cutie.

Photobucket

Thank you, Donna!

Labels: ,

Comments:
Celia,
Alex looks so cute as a little wizard, we were on holidays when it was halloween, and dont celebrate either, but I was thinking of the cute factor of putting a little sheet over Lucas and making him a ghost.. maybe next year!
x
Em
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.