Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Distraction

Distraction comes in many forms, and for me, these holidays, it come sin the form of the Cocoon lace wrap. I have had the pattern for many years in my library but never got round to knitting it. Recently I was given a huge hank of Handmaiden Seasilk in Ebony and thought it perfect for this pattern. I believe the original pattern was intended to be knitted in a brushed mohair yarn but brushed mohair (or brushed anything) and I don't get along too well. It makes me sneeze. It's still a pretty pattern, though, and I still wanted to knit it and so I am making it in a smooth silky yarn.



That's what it looks like held up against the light. I am well into the 14th repeat (out of thirty). It will probably be completed befor the year comes to an end, or so I am hoping. Just 3 more sleeps to go.

I must say that what I do like about this pattern is that it is almost reversible. Almost. The back looks like this



This is unblocked, of course, and it will look much more crisp and the pattern much mroe defined once I have completed it and blocked it. I do believe the seasilk is meant to block out nice and cripsly too!

Labels: , ,


Join List Previous Next


Join List Previous Next

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click for Sydney, New South Wales Forecast

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

home   |   things i am selling on eBay   |   my recipes   |   my patterns

(C) 2004 Celia Ng and Chris Hernandez. All rights reserved.
This page designed by Chris Hernandez. Many thanks to Amy at www.IndiGirl.com for the original Project Progress Tracker.
No electrons were harmed in the production of this webpage.